So you are planning a visit to Cradle Mountain in Tasmania.
You love walking and exploring.
You are on holiday to get out and absorb everything Cradle Mountain National Park has to offer.
You want to explore, get up close … Read the rest
Agricultural shows are a fun family day out and a great way to learn about and sample Tasmanian local produce too.
The events are designed to promote Tasmania’s diverse agricultural industry, with exhibitions of horses, sheep, poultry, beef and dairy … Read the rest
One of my favourite things about Cradle Mountain is the people.
Not just the wonderful people I work with, or the rest of our fabulously passionate resident Cradle Mountain community, but the visitors, too. The random strangers who become part … Read the rest
While exploring Cradle Mountain National Park and Tasmania, you will encounter a range of bird life. One favourite for many visitors is the cheeky little Superb Fairy Wren.
It is a common held belief that a well plumed male is … Read the rest
Snow can arrive at any time at Cradle Mountain and the dumps can be huge! This year winter arrived with a vengeance in late May with a terrific fall of snow.
Most Cradle Mountain accommodation has great heating and the … Read the rest
If you are searching for a list of activities to enjoy while visiting Cradle Mountain Tasmania here are 15 different ideas to help you get the most out of your visit to the National Park.
Think wilderness and wildlife. Think … Read the rest
Welcome to the best of Cradle Mountain Tasmania. What a destination! What an adventure!
Whether your idea of fun is:
- spotting a wombat or spying a platypus
- exploring beautiful walking tracks, such as the Dove Lake Circuit
- enjoying the luxury of an eco accredited hotel like Cradle Mountain Lodge
- discovering beautiful wild rivers and ancient rainforests
- getting your adrenaline pumping and trying canyonning in the wilderness
- camping under the stars , enjoying the local wildlife up close and personal
- gourmet dining or devouring a fantastic breakfast before you head off on the day’s adventure.